The police agencies listed on this page are currently accepting applications. Please visit their individual department page to learn how to apply.
Police Officer Position Opening Announcement
Woodbury City Police Department
The department seeks a motivated, hardworking and determined candidate for the position of Full Time Patrol Officer. The selection process will result in the appointment of an individual who will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to insure that the department will remain an effective, professional, and respected law enforcement agency.
- Is a citizen of the United States and is a resident of the State of New Jersey
- Is sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the police and fireman’s retirement system of New Jersey as to his eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Is of good moral character and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- Holds an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or an honorable discharge from the military after full military service and 30 college credits.
- Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Must pass a medical exam and have doctor complete a Medical Certification Form.
- Must pass a drug test pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
- Must pass an updated background investigation.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Basic Course for Police Officer Training Provided
Please submit a one-page resume with cover letter and application via http://www.policeapp.com/woodburycitynj
It is the policy of the Woodbury City Police Department not to discriminate against any applicant for employment,
or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
We are currently seeking the following positions: Full time Police Officer, SLEO 3 School Police Officer, SLEO 2 Police Officer, and SLEO 1 Police Officer. Please see the following link for details and how to apply.
Chief Matthew Brenner
East Greenwich Township Police Department
159 Democrat Road
Mickleton, NJ 08056
Agency’s Basic Requirements
The following are the minimum qualifications required for anyone interested in applying for the position of Police Officer:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must be hired on or before their 35th birthday
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of New Jersey at the time of appointment
- Have a valid unrestricted New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment
- Pass an oral board and physical ability component of the testing process
- Pass medical, psychological examination and a drug screen
- Must be a high school graduate or the holder of an equivalent degree thereof recognized by the New Jersey State Department of Education
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Be of good moral character and never convicted of a crime or any criminal offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty.
We are currently hiring!
MANTUA TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICERS
**WRITTEN EXAM DATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2021 at 1800 hours (Location TBD)**
- Patrolling the township to prevent crime
- Protecting persons and property
- Assure observance of law, apprehend violators, and provide assistance to persons as necessary
- Full-Time officers begin with a starting salary of $50,305.67 with the opportunity to top out at $106,767.83 within nine (9) years
- Police Training Commission (PTC) Certified OR PTC Class II Certified with the ability to attend the additional training required to obtain a waiver to full-time status
- 18 years of age or older
- United States citizen
- Mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) of NJ
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently
- Good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude
- Able to pass such written, oral, physical, and psychological examinations as may be approved by the department as well as meet essential job requirements
- High School diploma or formal education showing attainment of the level represented by graduation from high school (attainment of Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degrees will be given additional points in the process)
- Hold a valid NJ driver’s license
- Applicants must have already satisfied any costs associated with academy training with their current or former employer
- Meet any and all additional requirements of N.J.S. 40A:14-122 to N.J.S. 40A:14-127
HIRING/TESTING PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Written Examination (attainment of 70% or better to advance)
- Examination is currently scheduled for October 28, 2021 at 1800 hours (location TBD)
- Physical Examination (based on the Cooper Institute’s “Physical Fitness Assessments and Norms for Adults and Law Enforcement”)
- Physical Examination is unscheduled at this time, though is generally held at Clearview Regional High School (625 Breakneck Road, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062) on a weekend following the written examination. Upon a date being selected, applicants will be notified.
- Formal Interview
- Successful completion of Urinalysis Drug Screening
- Failure will result in the candidate being dropped from consideration, reported to NJSP Central Drug Registry, preclusion from future consideration for two (2) years, and, if currently employed as a sworn officer in another law enforcement agency, notification will be made to their current employer who will be required to dismiss the employee and report his/her name to the Central Drug Registry
- Successful completion of Physical Examination, Psychological Examination, Criminal Background Check
Mantua Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please direct questions regarding this position to email@example.com
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant’s responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Applicants are responsible for checking their email and logging into their PoliceApp, PublicSafetyApp, FireFighterApp or EmployementApp account to monitor for emails, scheduling and process updates.