The Gloucester County Diversity Recruitment Initiative Mentoring Program is designed to provide participants with valuable information to help them plan for a career in law enforcement as well as what steps they can take to reach their goal of attending a law enforcement training academy.
Program participants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States;
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Be sound in body and of good health.
- Be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense or offense that reflects negatively on the participant’s moral character.
- Submit a completed application and consent form for both criminal history and driver history checks;
- Successfully pass a comprehensive background process that proves the participant is of good moral character and has not been convicted of any criminal offense or offense that reflects negatively on the participant’s moral character;
- Be available to attend all meetings.
Program participants will meet with law enforcement professionals and community partners for approximately two hours each week over the course of five weeks. If you feel that the Gloucester County Diversity Recruitment Initiative Mentoring Program would be a benefit to you and would like to participate, please email Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office Community Relations Specialist Shannon Eden at email@example.com to express your interest.