The Borough of Woodbury Heights is 1.2 square miles with an estimated population of 3,010 and 97.5% developed. Woodbury Heights is bordered by Woodbury, Deptford and West Deptford. It has easy accessibility to major highways such as Route 45, Interstate 295 and NJ Turnpike. New Jersey Transit bus stops are also available in town.
Woodbury Heights Borough Hall, Police Station and Fire Department are located on Elm Avenue which is accessible from Route 45 and Glassboro Road. The community center is located at 741 Helen Avenue.
The town is also home to three schools. The Woodbury Heights School District serves public school students in Kindergarten through sixth grade at Woodbury Heights Elementary School. As of the 2012-13 school year, the district’s one school had an enrollment of 221 students and 20.2 classroom to teachers.
For seventh through twelfth grade, public school students attend Gateway Regional High School, a regional public high school established in 1964 that serves students from the boroughs of National Park, Wenonah, Westville and Woodbury Heights, as part of the Gateway Regional High School District it has approximately 900 students.
St. Margaret Regional School/ Infant Jesus, a K-8 Catholic school, is operated under the supervision of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Camden
Come visit Veteran’s Memorial Park which was built in 2005 with great pride and in honor of our residents who once fought for our great country. Come enjoy a picnic at Glen Terrace Lake and all the beautiful scenery it has to offer.
Our community is fortunate to have the Infant Jesus Parish, First Presbyterian Church, Spoken Word Evangelistic Church and the New Beginnings Bible Fellowship Church within our boundaries.
Glen Lake, although no longer open for swimming but is available for fishing and non-motorized boating.
Ptl. Richard Gambale
Agency’s Basic Requirements and Application Process
- Applicant must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age (unless prior pension service credit exists)
- Possess a High School diploma or a GED
- Must possess a full New Jersey Police Training Commission full-time certificate (must be completed at time of appointment)
A. No individual shall be appointed as a full-time police officer unless the person:
- Is a citizen of the United States and the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment.
- Is able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently and has a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Is of good moral character, sound body, and good health and shall never been convicted of an indictable offense or shall not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the person unfit to perform the duties of the office.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Shall have vision correctable to 20/20 vision in each eye and shall have normal color perception.
- Shall have 15/15 hearing in each ear without artificial aids.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver=s license.
- Shall satisfactorily pass a physical and medical examination.
- Must possess a Regular Police Training Certificate (or Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II [SLEO II] Certificate waivable to a Regular Certificate) issued by the New Jersey Police Training Commission (Reference Local Ordinance 27-8a).
B. Individuals appointed to the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II shall be required to meet the same qualifications enumerated above with the exception of the last bullet.