The Prosecutor’s Office serves as a countywide criminal investigative agency, along with conducting all criminal court activities for the county.
Gloucester County is located in the southwest portion of New Jersey, along the Delaware River, just south of the City of Philadelphia. The county borders both the States of Delaware and Pennsylvania and covers an area of 330 square miles. The population of the county is approximately 290,000 occupying 24 municipalities.
Dotted with woods and beautiful lakes, traversed by beautiful streams, Gloucester County possesses a historical background that places it foremost in our Country’s history. Historical shrines exist throughout the County. Major Revolutionary War Battlegrounds with original trenches and weapons carefully preserved, distinctive and outstanding Early American architecture, exemplified by churches, public buildings, and beautiful old homes of notable Patriots are scattered throughout the county.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office is dedicated towards providing our citizens with the most skilled and professional investigation and prosecution of criminal offenders by using all available resources. It is our goal to enforce the laws without prejudice in a timely manner, while treating the victims of crime with the respect and compassion they deserve. The members of this Office will work in partnership with the law enforcement community and citizens of Gloucester County to promote a safe environment in all municipalities. The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office, as the chief law enforcement agency in Gloucester County, provides leadership and supervision over the chiefs of police and municipal prosecutors with a view to ensure the effective, efficient and uniform enforcement of the criminal laws and the administration of criminal justice throughout Gloucester County.
Lt. Langdon Sills
Agency’s Basic Requirements and Application Process
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Possess a four year degree from a college or university, accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education; or
- A two year degree with law enforcement experience; or
- Prior military experience in lieu of a college degree.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum age established by law or regulation.
- Must be sound in body and of good health.
- Must be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense or offense that reflects negatively on your moral character.
- Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
Applicants interested in a position with our Investigative Staff are encouraged to submit their résumé to the Chief of Detectives at the following address:
Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office
P.O. Box 623
Woodbury, NJ 08096
The County of Gloucester is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the County of Gloucester to ensure equitable and fair treatment of applicants and employees in selection and promotion without regard to race, color, gender, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religious beliefs, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military status, or physical or mental disability that with reasonable accommodation does not significantly interfere with the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.