Newfield is a borough in Gloucester County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough’s population was 1,553, reflecting a decline of 63 (-3.9%) from the 1,616 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 24 (+1.5%) from the 1,592 counted in the 1990 Census.
Newfield was formed as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 8, 1924, from portions of Franklin Township, based on the results of a referendum held on April 1, 1924.
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 1,553 people, 579 households, and 452.8 families residing in the borough. The population density was 912.0 per square mile. There were 626 housing units at an average density of 367.6 per square mile. The racial makeup of the borough was 94.66% (1,470) White, 2.19% (34) Black or African American, 0.26% (4) Native American, 0.32% (5) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.97% (15) from other races, and 1.61% (25) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 6.57% (102) of the population.
Chief Edward P. Seibert
Agency’s Basic Requirements and Application Process
As a general rule, the police department will not engage in continuous overt recruitment activities. Active periods of recruitment shall only occur when deemed necessary to fill existing vacancies and then only to the extent necessary to fulfill the requirement of the aforementioned written recruitment strategy.
In order for a candidate to be considered for employment as a full-time police, they must meet the following eligibility requirements;
- A citizen of the United States
- Of mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System of New Jersey that they would be eligible for membership in the retirement system.
- Able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Of good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offenses or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude
- Able to pass such written, oral, physical and psychological examinations as may be approved by the Appropriate Authority and meet essential job performance requirements.
- A high school graduate
- Must have sixty(60) college credits or two years of prior police experience.
- A valid New Jersey driver’s license
- Otherwise meet all requirements of N.J.S. 40A:14-122 to N.J.S. 40 A:14-127